There are two methods You can add a Shelly device into Your Wi-fi and App/Account
- Method 1 is solely by using the app.
- Method 2 is by using the Shelly device embeded Web interface and type in Your Wi-fi credential directly on the device.
(The App is still needed to pair device to you account)
Pros and Cons
Method 1: The App
- Easy and qucik.
- All is done with the app.
- Automatically Disable AP and connects to the cloud
(If not disabled).
- You have no control of what’s happening.
- If something goes wrong, you often have to do to af full factory reset.
- Sometimes gets a Failed to include error.
Method 2: Through the web interface
- You can add Your device in a much more controlled way.
- You don’t need the app.
- You get acces to update the firmware without the app.
- Require more steps.
- You manually have to disable AP and enable Cloud.